Dear Imaging Experts, Colleagues, and Partners,
the number of infections of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) worldwide is increasing daily. The outbreak is now rated by the WHO as an international health crisis and the situation is changing daily.
Since Framos and especially our suppliers are very active in the Asian market, we have been working with this situation since January of 2020. We have been able to stabilize the situation on the supply side in a very short time to minimalize the risk for our customers. We have increased strategic stock where possible and are daily adjusting to the situation as it develops. We are very thankful to our suppliers, especially in China who have been very reactive and we can report no major impact so far.
On the other side, Framos is prepared for any risk that Covid-19 is spreading into our offices. Our colleagues in Monza, Italy, are in a risk zone and we have gained a lot of knowledge of how to handle this situation.
Measures that we have taken worldwide to limit a potential effect in any of our offices:
- We have set up a crisis team to monitor further developments and to act as a contact partner,
especially for our employees.
- Disinfection material is available to all our staff where necessary.
- Home office where possible. All our employees have the possibility to access
our systems from home via laptops or other devices.
- Our communication technology is virtualized, all central numbers can be forwarded to other teams worldwide.
- We have restricted face-to-face meetings and reduced travelling to a minimum.
- For logistics: Our warehouses are prepared to remain open. We have trained a wider staff to help in
logistics if necessary. We have an agreement with all our carriers to deliver parcels directly at their hub,
if parcel pick up is interrupted.
- In production: We have separated our production staff in two shifts and trained all staff to work on our full portfolio.
With these general measures in place, we will ensure that risks are minimized from this health crisis. As of today, there have been no major impacts on any of our operations. We will inform you if any changes happen.
I want to wish you and your families to stay healthy and take care.
Dr. Andreas Franz