Choosing the right lens is important for all vision systems. Unfortunately, this is often left to last in both R&D and product manufacturing cycles. Putting effort into selecting the lens at the beginning of any project is key. The right lens will allow you to leverage the full potential of your camera’s image sensor but it is also one of the first tools of data reduction and system simplification, important points to building any solution.
We will help you choose the right lens for your application by examining the following 5 questions:
1) Will your lens work with your sensor?
2) What is your working distance and field of view?
3) Which type of lens is best suited for your application?
4) What is your lighting situation?
5) What color(s) is your application viewing?
To find out the answers to these questions you’ll want to get your hands on the our Choosing the Right Lens whitepaper.